Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes and Fried Bananas

Yet another back dated blog post. I really need to get more up to date on my and Hannah's food creations! This creation is accredited to Hannah. For quite some time this last fall i was feeling the need to eat something with pumpkin. Because as we all know, eating pumpkin is the only way we realize it is really fall. But being a regular lazy person, instead of getting a real pumpkin i opted out for the canned version. I was planning on being really creative and making Hannah something delicious for when she was to come over during the weekend, but weekend after weekend i would continue to be uninspired and so not make anything. One weekend I mentioned to Hannah that I had some pumpkin that needed to be used. I had to work an overnight shift that night and so I suggested to Hannah that she should make me something with it for when i got home in the morning. She took me up on the challenge and when i got home in the morning I had pumpkin pancakes waiting for me.

Pumpkin Pancakes
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 Cups Water
1/2 Cups Almond Milk
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Pumpkin (canned)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar

In a bowl combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar, let sit for 5 minutes. this makes a buttermilk like substance. combine the rest of the ingredients together until no longer lumpy. Let rise for 5 minutes then stir again and let rise for 5 minutes one more time. Makes 20, 4 in pancakes.

Drawn and slightly altered from http://vegenista.com/post/1277880293/vegan-pumpkin-spice-pancakes

Hannah went the extra mile by adding this delicious topping.  She found a banana and fried it up with some maple syrup.  Perfect addition!

Fried Bananas
(Serves Two)
1 banana sliced
1 Tsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
Maple Syrup

Melt butter in frying pan on stove top. Fry bananas on both sides, make sure not to fry to long otherwise they will become mushy. Add a healthy amount of maple syrup and heat until warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment