Monday, February 13, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham

Sometimes experiments don't work out the way you've planned.  I found a recipe for "White Beans and Greens with Eggs" in a magazine from a local health food store.  I've recently introduced kale into my diet and have been inspired to try more greens.  I deleted the eggs from this recipe and ended up with a somewhat bland but assuredly healthy meal.  I'm including the recipe in case anyone else can think of a way to make it better. I just added left over tomato sauce and it became satisfactory.

White Beans and Greens
1 can cannellini  beans
1 bunch chard (washed, stemmed, and chopped)
1/2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T water
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 T olive oil

Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and saute for about 1 minute.  Add the remaining ingredients and cover until greens are wilted (about 7 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment